The SME offers a unique platform for Presence and Instant Messaging (IM) solutions, which enables integrated applications to be delivered without the need to develop a proprietary IM system. The IM platform is a proprietary client-server architecture that relies on an in-house servers placed in companies (comparable to a phone exchange). This gives employees their own IM accounts, with full control for every company. As opposed to an open source solution (for example Jabber), the companys products are turnkey, extremely easy to use and implement and optimised for integration with back ends. The solution is scalable from ten to thousands of users.
The unique toolbar interface enables easy integration with Web-enabled solutions and Intranets.
The technology in short:
• A base architecture for Presence and IM applications.
• Based on TCP-IP (transmission control protocol - Internet Protocol), XML (extended modelling language) and various other standards.
• Modular, open system with application plug-ins and server modules for customisation, extensions and backend extensions.
• Auto-updateable functionalities.
• Windows-based server and client.
• Flexible protocol, allowing peer-to-peer as well as completely secure inter-corporate communication.
The company has been a generic IM specialist for over 4 years. The company was founded in 1997 and is highly specialised in communication software. In the Netherlands, the company is a market leader with their solutions and the only specialist in Instant Messaging solutions.
Their strategy is to offer this very specific and advanced technology to partners, for joint development and sales of integrated Instant Messaging solutions on specific niche markets.
• The scalability and the modular, open-system architecture of the system are unique.
• Integration with SMS, mobile clients (PDA) and public IM networks is an option.
• The technology is a secure, independent solution without any "tie-in" with a specific platform, a collaboration suite, public IM networks or other corporate IM solutions (like Oracle, Lotus, MS, etc.).
• This is a huge advantage for multi-site organisations, or companies that rely on home workers (smaller companies, general practitioners, hospitals, local authorities, schools, etc.)
• The technology saves time
• It makes business processes more efficient
• It saves communication cost.
• For the majority of small and medium-sized companies, which rely on Windows technology, the reliability of a Windows-based server is unique, since these companies do not want an out-of-house server or a Linux server for their corporate IM communications.